March 12, 2012

Woody + Megg: The Proposal (Zihuatanejo, Mexico) | 01.16.2012



Hello::



Just 2 short days after I witnessed and documented two of my great friends say their vows on the beautiful beaches of La Playa Ropa (Zihuatanejo, Mexico), I got to witness another best friend and homeboy for life (Daniel Woodard) propose to his wonderful girl (Meggan) on that same beach!! It was a very exciting and emotional experience for all in attendance, and I am honored that Woodard asked me to document the occasion and capture these memories for them!

Daniel had come to me a few weeks earlier, telling me of his plans to pop the question while we were in Mexico and asked if we could somehow capture the moment. I suggested that we stage a "fake" portrait session for all of our friends on the beach at sunset, making it seem like a group activity so as not to arouse suspicion from Meggan at the presence of all my photo gear setup:) When it was Woodard and Meggan's turn to get their picture taken, he would get down on one knee and say those magic words! Needless to say, the plan went off without a hitch and I was able to capture the whole event basically frame by frame. It was such a great moment and we celebrated accordingly that evening!:)

Check out all the pics here to see how it went down!!

~Brendan

0 comments:

Post a Comment