June 6, 2012

Bonnaroo 2012 Pre-Post (Thoughts)





Well folks, it's that time of year again...Festival Season!! As I sit here in my work cubicle typing this, I am literally shaking with anticipation of the amazing weekend that is about to unfold. The Bonnaroo Music Festival in Manchester, TN has been a staple of my summers here in Tennessee since 2005; so blessed to have such a killer festival right down the road from Nashville. We aim to outdo ourselves each year, but this may be the best yet!! Cannot wait to throw down with my amazing old and new friends...celebrating music, art, life, humanity and all things WEIRD!!

Here is a list of "firsts" for this year:
1) First time rollin up to Roo in a baller-ass RV trailer! Very stoked about this; I've never minded camping at Roo, but there are def some miserable aspects of it...I think this year's gonna be pretty plush:)

2) First time with media access to film an artist (Mimosa on Thursday night); compliments of my associates over at Break on a Cloud. We are really looking forward to providing some video coverage and hope to make it a yearly thing at future Roo's!!

3) First time that my Birthday (June 8th) falls during the actual festival. In previous years it has always been before the festival (which is still cool), but I can only imagine how crazy and fun it's gonna be this year. I imagine a couple highlights of the night will be Radiohead and the late night Umphrey's Mcgee set!

Needless to say I am extremely elated to be spending yet another year on the farm with all my friends, freaks and amazing talent!!

Will be posting updates throughout over on my facebook and twitter, so check it out!!
Have also gotten caught up on a lot of work lately, so stay tuned for posts highlighting recent projects as well as a Bonnaroo follow-up when I return!!

random shots from past Roos













































LOLZ!

0 comments:

Post a Comment