May 1, 2012

I Like it Raw: Live Footage from araabMUZIK and Purity Ring (Video)







I've been trying to get in the habit of capturing raw video of at least a few songs when I'm out shooting photography for bands with Break on a Cloud...usually just throw on my trusty Rode Videomic and let it roll and then edit the clips together in post. I've found that these vids often generate more hits on YouTube than a lot of the recaps that I've done...people really appreciate live HD footage with bearable sound quality, so I'll def keep up on this habit. Also will be doing a lot more live multicam shoots with my team in the coming months; incorporating live soundboard syncs is obviously the preferable approach to:)

1. The first vid above is of araabMUZIK completely destroying it at Mercy Lounge during his recent visit to Nashville on the Living Dead tour supporting Omar Linx and ZEDS DEAD. This dude is the MVP of the MPC, true talent in the electronic game!

2. Second vid was def a pleasant surprise..was at Mercy Lounge to film Neon Indian and Purity Ring was opening up for them. I had listened to a couple of their tracks (they only had three recorded:) before the show so decided to let the camera roll thru the whole set..this is a 4 song highlight from their set Songs include "Fineshrine", "Ungirthed" and 2 other "unreleased" tracks. Be on the lookout for their album dropping 07.24.2012!!

Also check out the photo gallery from araabMUZIK, Zeds Dead x Omar Linx here!




~brendan

0 comments:

Post a Comment